Re: Change the name - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Satoshi Nagayasu
Subject Re: Change the name
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> Most odd, what I've been hearing out of JPUG is a pretty much 'undecided', with
> some requesting no change, and some not caring either way ...

Yes.

As I wrote, the pronunciation is not a problem in Japan,
so we can't find any (strong) reason to change the name right now.
We (JPUG board members) have no consensus.

Following is just my opinion.

If we (the PostgreSQL community) decide to change the name
to re-brand 'Postgres' in the world for the marketing reason,
I don't have objection to that.

But I think the word 'PostgreSQL (these 10 charactors)', has already have
good brand-image and large market-share in Japan.

2007/9/27, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org>:

--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <snaga@snaga.org>