Re: Remove "Source Code" column from \df+ ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Remove "Source Code" column from \df+ ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/11/16 7:51 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> 1. Do nothing.
> 2. Remove the prosrc column from \df+ altogether.
> 3. Suppress prosrc for PL functions, but continue to show it for
>    C and internal functions (and, probably, rename it to something
>    other than "Source code" in that case).
> 4. #3 plus show PL function source code in footers.

One related annoyance I have with psql is that \d+ on a view *does* show
the "source code" in the footer, because it's often too long and bulky
and ugly and unrelated to why I wanted to use the +.

I'm OK with just removing all the source codes from the \d family and
using the \s family instead.