Re: UUID data format 4x-4x-4x-4x-4x-4x-4x-4x - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jochem van Dieten
Subject Re: UUID data format 4x-4x-4x-4x-4x-4x-4x-4x
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 1:19 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>  I think the question we have to answer is whether we want to be
>  complicit in the spreading of a nonstandard UUID format.

I don't.

I have patched the UUID input and output functions to be compatible
with Adobe ColdFusion (http://adobe.com/products/coldfusion/ uses
8x-4x-4x-16x), and while I have released them I have deliberately made
the changes incompatible with other formats and will not submit them
to PostgreSQL because I want Adobe to fix ColdFusion to use the
standard format.

Jochem