Re: Barman versus pgBackRest - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Barman versus pgBackRest
Date
Re: Barman versus pgBackRest  (David Steele <david@pgmasters.net>)
List pgsql-general
On 09/04/2018 07:52 AM, Ron wrote:
> On 09/04/2018 09:24 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> On 09/04/2018 07:14 AM, Ron wrote:
>>>
>>> That was about barman, in the barman group.  This is asking about
>>> pgbackrest...  :)
>>>
>>> So: does pgbackrest have this ability which barman does not have?
>>> The "--db-include" option seems to indicate that you can restore a
>>> single db, but does indicate whether or not you can rename it.
>>
>> https://pgbackrest.org/configuration.html#section-restore/option-db-include
>>

> Which implies that you can't do it?

You can restore a single database and then issue a simple ALTER DATABASE
command to change the DB name.

> (Postgres backup/restore capabilities are quite limited, which is
> disapointing.)

Not sure I agree with that. If you want to restore and then rename a DB,
rename it.

ALTER DATABASE foo RENAME TO bar;

JD

***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***
PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****