Re: Anyone do video streaming / podcasting? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Guido Barosio
Subject Re: Anyone do video streaming / podcasting?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh, sfpug foks,

    For a simple-to-medium complexity piece of software consider
Garageband, an Apple OS X solution that helps you create episodes and
works optimal. I can imagine a few of you poring macs, so that's why I
am suggesting this.

    You can start with a single external mic, or even your internal
mac mic. You may then upgrade that system by using some mixing console
(~50 bucks), enabling more mics (another 50 bucks per mic), picking up
more than one signal (ie, big rooms, questions and answers between the
physical audience and the guy presenting the talk) therefore improving
the quality and experience.

   Note that the previous schema, with the correct software, also
allows you to stream the talks through Internet (radio).

No idea on videoconferencing.

2 cents.

gb.-