Re: Email from infotecnica.com.br - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Guido Barosio
Subject Re: Email from infotecnica.com.br
Date
List pgsql-www
These guys are a smal software factory, probably some old employee /
dba / sysadmin suscribed their mail and it's not taking anymore that
role.

I can give them a call if it's worth, just let me know.

gb.-

On Dec 26, 2007 12:09 PM, Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 01:26:07AM +0100, Guillaume Smet wrote:
> > I just posted to -performance and I received the following email from
> > postmaster at infotecnica.com.br:
> > "The email message sent to pgsql-performance at postgresql.org requires
> > a confirmation to be delivered. Please, answer this email informing the
> > characters that you see in the image below."
> > followed by a captcha image.
> >
> > I think we should inform the user to remove this sort of thing or
> > unsubscribe him from the list. It's quite annoying and disturbing for
> > our users.
>
> We've had several people complain about this -- I think there was a thread
> on -hackers as well.  I'm happy just to unsubscribe the user, as I'm willing
> to bet lunch s/he isn't getting most of the mail.  Spammers are using this
> mechanism to get people to decode captchas for them, too, so I would never
> do it (I've no reason to believe, yet, that that's what's happening in this
> case).

Guido Barosio
http://www.globant.com
guido.barosio@globant.com