Re: Problems using PostgreSQL command line tools - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Guido Barosio
Subject Re: Problems using PostgreSQL command line tools
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi Andrea,

   You should try to connect to 127.0.0.1 (or your hostname)  instead
of localhost.

why?

- localhost means that you will connect using a socket (psql -h localhost)
- ip/hostname will use tcp/ip (psql -h 127.0.0.1)

Both have separate auth lines in your pg_hba.conf, therefore, you are
prolly facing a problem with the localhost line, where pgadmin is
connecting using the tcp/ip connection for sure.

Check that, but I am almost sure.

Regards,
Guido Barosio

Guido Barosio