Installation Error, Server Won't Start - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ray
Subject Installation Error, Server Won't Start
Date
List pgsql-general
I downloaded the 8.3 exe for Windows (XP) and started the
installation.  When it got near the end, a warning window opened
stating "Problem running post-install step.  Installation may not
complete correctly.  Failed to start the database server."

When I openned the pgadmin, the server pane showed "Servers(0)".  I
tried to add server where Host = localhost, but I get "Server Doesn't
Listen".

I would appreciate any suggests on how to better prepare and execute
an installation.

Thaks,
ray