Re: Web users as database users? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Clarke
Subject Re: Web users as database users?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 20/09/2019 12:50, David Gallagher wrote:
> Hi - I’m working on a database that will be accessed via a web app.
> I’m used to a setup where there is one account/role that the app would
> use to access the database, but in my current scenario I’m interested
> in row level security and auditing enforced by the database. In this
> scenario, would it make sense to have a user account on the database
> to mirror the user account from the web app? Is that an unusual practice?

Not at all, we're doing it

Tim Clarke

Telephone: Witham: +44(0)1376 503500 | London: +44 (0)20 3009 0853 | Frankfurt: +49 (0)69 7191 6000 | Hong Kong: +852
58031687 | Toronto: +1 647 503 2848

Web: https://www.manifest.co.uk/

Minerva Analytics Ltd - A Solactive Company
9 Freebournes Court | Newland Street | Witham | Essex | CM8 2BL | United Kingdom

Copyright: This e-mail may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the named addressee
youmust not use or disclose such information, instead please report it to
admin@minerva.info<mailto:admin@minerva.info>
Legal: Minerva Analytics is the trading name of: Minerva Analytics Ltd: Registered in England Number 11260966 & The
ManifestVoting Agency Ltd: Registered in England Number 2920820 Registered Office at above address. Please Click Here
https://www.manifest.co.uk/legal/for further information.