Re: Web users as database users? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Achilleas Mantzios
Subject Re: Web users as database users?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 20/9/19 2:50 μ.μ., David Gallagher wrote:
> Hi - I’m working on a database that will be accessed via a web app. I’m used to a setup where there is one
account/rolethat the app would use to access the database, but in my current scenario I’m

> interested in row level security and auditing enforced by the database. In this scenario, would it make sense to have
auser account on the database to mirror the user account from the web app? Is

> that an unusual practice?

I never regretted it. Just place pgbouncer in front and configure it right.

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead