Re: Dark mode styling for the website - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Dark mode styling for the website
Date
List pgsql-www
On 10/18/22 7:14 AM, Dave Page wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Oct 2022 at 15:45, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org
> <mailto:dpage@pgadmin.org>> wrote:
>

>         FYI, I've setup a test instance at
>         http://ec2-18-170-0-35.eu-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com
>         <http://ec2-18-170-0-35.eu-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com>
>

>     And a feature branch can be found at:
>     https://github.com/dpage/pgweb/tree/darkmode
>     <https://github.com/dpage/pgweb/tree/darkmode>
>

> Here's the latest diff between my dev branch and the master branch.

Thanks! Overall looks good, I think this is close to being ready.

I went through the patch + browsed whole bunch of links. I made a few
changes (attached) and have a question.

Changes:

1. The "heart" on the About page was coming up as gray, which seemed
sad. So I set it to #b52525 (red) in both light/dark mode.

2. The "alert-warning" in the docs (e.g. docs for a deprecated version)
was blaring color, so I softened it a bit.

3. The code was reading "colour" in a few places. While we use British
English on the website content, we have not done that in code to date,
so I reverted to "color"

Questions:

1. General font color (noticed this in docs). We're using #336791 which
is the "standard PG blue", but it can blend in (headers, links)
particularly on pages with a lot of content. I boosted it to #2b6da3,
which made it a bit sharper, but wanted to raise this given it would not
be the "standard blue".

Thanks,

Jonathan

Attachment