Re: PG 15 downloads - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: PG 15 downloads
Date
List pgsql-www
On 10/18/22 07:43, Dave Page wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Oct 2022 at 15:15, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
>     On 10/18/22 01:15, Dave Page wrote:
>
>      >
>      >     Regardless of who is managing them, surely the person in
>     charge of
>      >     it should be on this list to be able to answer questions etc.
>      >
>      >
>      > You're suggesting the person in charge of the EDB website should
>     be on
>      > this mailing list on the off-chance we decide to have a
>     discussion about
>      > adding an API or file to the EDB site? That seems excessive,
>     given this
>      > or anything like it has happened once in 15+ years.
>
>     No, so they can be part of the conversation period so we don't have to
>     wait for some intra-company communication/process to take place.
>

> Well on that basis, perhaps you could subscribe to the pgadmin-hackers
> mailing list just in case we decide we need something from you in a few
> years?
>
> Yes, that's a facetious suggestion, but I don't think it's far from
> what's being asked.

Except I have not interest in doing anything with pgAdmin, whereas the
EDB installer maintainers do need to know what is going on with a site
they are linked to. By your own admission you are not really involved
with anymore, so it would seem having at least one of the folks that is
involved monitoring the list would be a good idea.

> There was no "getting around to prioritizing supporting Postgres". The

I went back and reread the thread and realized I was mistaken, the
installers where there. The Postgres site had not been updated. For that
I apologize.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com