Re: pgBackRest 2.45 - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From David Steele
Subject Re: pgBackRest 2.45
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
On 3/29/23 23:27, Bradford Boyle wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 2:10 AM Stefan Fercot
> <stefan.fercot@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>
>> pgBackRest 2.45 has been released last week: https://github.com/pgbackrest/pgbackrest/releases/tag/release%2F2.45
>>
>> Have you planned to update the packages?
>
> Not sure if anybody else has replied yet, but I just took a look at
> this. I can see that the Debian source package has been updated to
> 2.45 [1], however Debian is in a hard freeze at the moment so I don't
> think this has been uploaded to testing/Bookworm. Looking at the
> Jenkins pipeline for building the pgdg binary packages [2], it looks
> like there is a build failure on Ubuntu bionic (18.04) for ppc64el. I
> suspect that until this build error is fixed, the package won't be
> published.

FWIW, we discussed this [1] and decided there was nothing to be done for
Ubuntu 18.04 since the issue is due to a compiler bug with no easy fix.
Since Ubuntu 18.04 is EOL at the end of the month it doesn't seem worth
spending a lot of time on it.

I thought the plan was to exclude Ubuntu 18.04 for 2.45 but perhaps the
maintainers are just letting the clock run out instead.

Regards,
-David

[1] https://github.com/pgbackrest/pgbackrest/issues/2035