Re: uuid contrib don't compile in OpenSolaris - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Emanuel Calvo Franco
Subject Re: uuid contrib don't compile in OpenSolaris
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> problem is that PostgreSQL uses ossp UUID which is not integrated in
>> OpenSolaris. Solaris has own uuid implementation which seems to me similar
>> but not same. Try man uuid_generate or less /usr/uuid/uuid.h
>>

> That's really interesting. I'll try this.
>
>> It should be easy to port it but it needs a time :(.
>>
>>                Zdenek

I found that the same problem cames from 8.3.4
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2008-10/msg01234.php

But i found too, that seems to be a bug in x86 platforms for uuid_generator.

I tryed to run uuidgen, but throws a lib.so.1 absence. Seems that
the problem comes more dephtly.

--              Emanuel Calvo Franco            Database consultant at:                   www.siu.edu.ar
www.emanuelcalvofranco.com.ar