Re: Opteron vs. Xeon performance differences - Mailing list pgsql-general

From postgres Emanuel CALVO FRANCO
Subject Re: Opteron vs. Xeon performance differences
Date
List pgsql-general
When i question about WAL, i mean if WAL is in other drive.

You must run a benchmark more expensive to cpu for make a conclusion.
Make a query that have more of 8 seconds, then you can see really if
exists a diference

in other way... i think you don't use the same image of the old server
in the new.
In that way could be a configuration kernel.

do you make a test of hardware instead postgres?? if the hard give you
better numbers, so postgres have
the problem.