Re: BUG #18336: Inconsistency in PostgreSQL 16 Documentation for SHOW Command - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: BUG #18336: Inconsistency in PostgreSQL 16 Documentation for SHOW Command
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 07.02.24 05:01, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> On Wed, 2024-02-07 at 02:25 +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
>> In the PostgreSQL 16 release notes, there is an entry stating that the
>> read-only server variables lc_collate and lc_ctype have been removed.
>> However, the documentation for the SHOW command on the PostgreSQL official
>> website (https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-show.html) still lists
>> lc_collate and lc_ctype as valid variables.
>
> Right; here is a patch for that.

I think the whole list of read-only options on the SHOW reference page
is redundant and incomplete.  A more complete list is at <sect1
id="runtime-config-preset"> in config.sgml.  This includes
server_version and server_encoding, but not is_superuser.  Maybe that's
an omission?  I think we should get rid of the list on the SHOW
reference page.