Re: Vacuum statistics - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From chirag.dave@gmail.com
Subject Re: Vacuum statistics
Date
List pgsql-performance
What version of Postgres you are running ?

If you are using 8.3, you can use pg_stat_all_tables.If Not you can use http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/pgstattuple.html

Chirag

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 8:14 AM, Francisco Reyes <lists@stringsutils.com> wrote:
I recall reading posts in the past where one could query the stat tables and see how well autovacuum was performing. Not finding the posts.

I found this query:
SELECT relname, relkind, reltuples, relpages FROM pg_class where relkind = 'r';

From the output how can I tell the number of dead tuples? Or how effective autovacuum is in the particular table..

Recently inheritted several large Postgresql DBs (tables in the hundreds of millions and some tables over a billion rows) and I am just starting to go over them and see how autovacuum has been performing.