Re: Pros and Cons of 8.3.1 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Claus Guttesen
Subject Re: Pros and Cons of 8.3.1
Date
List pgsql-performance
> Can anyone who have started using 8.3.1 list out the pros and cons.

I upgraded to 8.3.1 yesterday from 8.3.0. I've used 8.3.0 since it was
released and it's working fine. I upgraded from 7.4 (dump/restore) and
it was working out of the box. We have somewhat simple sql-queries so
there was no need to change/alter these. The largest table has approx.
85 mill. records (image-table).

One thing I had newer seen before was that duplicate rows was inserted
into our order-table but I don't know whether this is due to changes
in the web-app or 8.3.0. Now that I upgraded to 8.3.1 I will wait a
few weeks and see if I get the same error before I alter the column
and add a unique contraint.

So from a 7.4-perspective and fairly simple queries I don't see any issues.

--
regards
Claus

the gentlest gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare