Re: [HACKERS] Re: logical replication and PANIC during shutdowncheckpoint in publisher - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: logical replication and PANIC during shutdowncheckpoint in publisher
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 5/1/17 13:43, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 4/30/17 20:52, Noah Misch wrote:
>> IMMEDIATE ATTENTION REQUIRED.  This PostgreSQL 10 open item is long past due
>> for your status update.  Please thoroughly reacquaint yourself with the policy
>> on open item ownership[1] and then reply immediately.  If I do not hear from
>> you by 2017-05-02 01:00 UTC, I will transfer this item to release management
>> team ownership without further notice.
>
> I'm reviewing this now and will report tomorrow.

We have consensus around a patch, but we are still discussing and
discovering some new details.

There is also the question of whether to backpatch and how far.  (Could
be all the way to 9.2.)

I propose, if there are no new insights by Friday, I will commit the
current patch to master, which will fix the reported problem for PG10,
and punt the remaining side issues to "Older Bugs".