Re: 9.5 Release press coverage - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From damien@dalibo.info
Subject Re: 9.5 Release press coverage
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

http://www.computing.co.uk/ctg/news/2347067/met-office-selects-2ndquadrant-to-help-with-data-migration-to-open-source
>> http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ibm-unveils-linux-only-mainframe-builds-on-linux-success-300129060.html
>> http://www.infodsi.com/articles/153522/dalibo-propose-formations-gratuites-postgresql.html
>
> The first article quite clearly states that 2ndQuadrant is part of the
> PostgreSQL community, and while it does not mention other companies in
> no way it suggests that 2ndQuadrant is the company responsible for
> making PostgreSQL. Similarly for the second article.
>
> I can't really judge the third one, as my French is not that good.

FTR the third one is based on a PR that we (Dalibo) launched last year.
In this press releases basically we're saying that the PostgreSQL market
is growing so fast in France that we cannot handle this growth alone. So
we're offering free PostgreSQL trainings for freelancers & independent
contractors in order to fulfill the need of PostgreSQL DBAs in our area.

One year later, the situation is more or less the same: The market
continues to grow while we continue to train independant DBAs for free
and try to increase the size of local the PostgreSQL ecosystem.