Re: Charlotte Postgres User Group - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Charlotte Postgres User Group
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi Boyan,

On February 16, 2016 at 9:01:31 AM, Boyan Botev (bbotev@gmail.com) wrote:

If you live near or around Charlotte, please join us for the inaugural meeting of the Charlotte PUG on March 1, followed by a second meeting on April 11 featuring Bruce Momjian. More information about the two events can be found here:

I am also looking for any suggestions or best practice on ways to advertise these meetups in addition to my personal network?

Also if you are travelling through Charlotte, NC or you just like to visit the "Queen City" you are welcome to stop by an give a talk to the Charlotte PUG. Just contact me when you would be in town and I can pencil you in for a talk or a presentation.

Very exciting!  I added the Charlotte PUG to the PUG page: http://www.postgresql.org/community/user-groups/

Some ideas for advertising:

* Go to other local user groups and talk about it

* Tweet / Facebook / social media updates + photos

* Keep inviting other speakers and get them to talk about it

I made a lightning talk a few years ago that has some ideas too: http://excoventures.com/talks/building-a-pug.pdf

Good luck!

Jonathan