Re: Psycopg2 : error message. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From skeeved
Subject Re: Psycopg2 : error message.
Date
Re: Psycopg2 : error message.  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general
Looks like you have an invalid connection string:
conn=psycopg2.connect("dbname='busard_test' user='laurent' host='localhost' password='cactus’")
Try removing the double quotes, they are obscuring the parameter names and values:
conn=psycopg2.connect(dbname=‘busard_test', user=‘laurent', host=‘localhost', password='cactus’)
You were also missing some punctuation between the parameters.
--
skeeved

On May 16, 2014 at 9:39:06 AM, Adrian Klaver (adrian.klaver@aklaver.com) wrote:

On 05/16/2014 04:19 AM, image wrote:
> Thanks for your help.
>
> So i remove the first "try" + i remove the space before "conn="
>
> Indeed i have a new error message in my DOS interface :
>
> pg_test.py
> <http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n5804207/pg_test.py>
>
> SS_dos.JPG
> <http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n5804207/SS_dos.JPG>
>

> In advance, thank you.

In the future this is a question that is more appropriate for the
psycopg2 list:

http://www.postgresql.org/list/psycopg/

You also should take a look at here for some basic pointers:

http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/usage.html

FYI it is not necessary to single quote the parameter values in the
connection string.

Lastly, if my high school French is holding up you have an
authentication error for user laurent. The first thing to check would
whether you are using the correct password.

> IMAGE.
>

> --

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com