wishlist items .. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lukas Kahwe Smith
Subject wishlist items ..
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Aloha,

I just wanted to bring up the wishlist todo items:
http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Todo:WishlistFor83

All items have a name behind them aside from "Better handling of
partitioning". Does anyone feel responsible for handling that one?

Anyways I would appreciate it if people who's name is behind each of the
items to either mail this list or me directly to let me know if they are
still handling this item for 8.3 or not. I will then make sure to update
the list accordingly. The applies if an item is missing.

For convenience here is the current state:

The following items are on the table for 8.3:
    * On disk bitmap index (Gavin)    * WITH RECURSIVE hierarchical queries (Gregory Stark)    * Better handling of
partitioning   * SQL:2003 windowing queries (Gavin)    * Improvements to autovac (Alvaro Herrera)    * SQL/XML support
perSQL:2003 (Peter)    * Notification payload messages (Andrew Dunstan)    * Fix permissions properly on custom GUC
vars(Andrew Dunstan)    * Create a mechanism for plperl to load modules safely (Andrew Dunstan)    * Plan invalidation
(Tom,Heikki)    * Tsearch2 in core (Teodor Sigaev, Oleg Bartunov)    * Grouped Index Tuples (Heikki)    * Hot Updates
(Pavan)   * Reuse of index tuples (Simon Riggs)    * ENUM (Tom Dunstan)    * GENERATED/IDENTITY patches (Zoltan
Boszormenyi)   * Updatable VIEWs (Bernd)

Postponed

The following features are unlikely to make it into 8.3 at this point:
    * SQL/PSM support per SQL:2003 (Pavel)    * Clustered/replication solutions

Completed
    * Operator family rewrite (Tom)

regards,
Lukas