Re: Ooops ... seems we need a re-release pronto - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Ooops ... seems we need a re-release pronto
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 12:20:35PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>  I do
> agree with adding a test when you think it is likely to be able to catch
> a whole class of errors, or even a specific error if it seems especially
> likely to recur, but right now I'm not seeing how we do that here.

Well, currently the regression tests only make a handful of functional
indexes, and never insert any data into any of them. So arguably
there's a benefit to just adding a handful of inserts and updates
somewhere to test these. That a whole area of code not currently
tested.

In my memory I remember a site that displayed the code coverage of the
regression tests, but I can't find it now. Does anybody know?

Have a nice day,