Re: [HACKERS] Dead CVS directoriesh - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brian E Gallew
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Dead CVS directoriesh
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Then <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us> spoke up and said:
> > Why would we want to remove it in the first place?  If its been 'deleted',
> > it won't show  up unless you want it to (cvs update -APd removed old
> > files/directories)...
> >
> > Oops, careful in the above, it also removed any 'sticky/branch'  tags...
>
> I just thought we could fiddle with CVS to remove the stuff totally.  No
> real need to, though. I just thought it would be confusing for people
> who didn't do -P, or people managing CVSROOT directly.

There is only one good reason for "really" pruning those old
directories out of the source tree: revision purging.  If you purge
all revisions of the files that live in those directories (so that
they really *are* empty), then removing the directories is a good idea.

| JAVA must have been developed in the wilds of West Virginia.      |
| After all, why else would it support only single inheritance??    |
| Finger geek@cmu.edu for my public key.                            |