The support pages on postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ron Mayer
Subject The support pages on postgresql.org
Date
Re: The support pages on postgresql.org  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
A couple questions about the North America support page
on postgresql.org.

* Is there any reason why Sun is not on the North America support
  page [1].  It seems from the Nov 2005 press release [2] that
  they do provide support.  Did they stop doing this?  If they
  still do, can we ask someone from Sun to get themselves added
  to this page.

* Fujitsu is listed in the Oceania page [3] and Asia page [5].
  Considering their large international presence -- they alone
  almost certainly have a bigger IT support staff in North
  America than all the organizations listed on the North
  America page[1] -- would it be reasonable to list them
  on all the continent's support pages?

* Does Red Hat or any of the other big Linux distributors
  provide postgresql support in North America?    Could
  they be added to the North America support page[1]?

I ask mainly because if your average CxO reads the
current North America support page he probably won't
recognize anyone there.   I realize the page just gets
populated by companies who submit themselves using the
from [4] - but it seems it'd make postgresql quite a bit
more impressive to naive customers if they saw that support
is available in North America from some of the big companies.
If people agree, could someone from advocacy try to round up
some of those big companies to submit themselves.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support_northamerica
[2] http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflash/2005-11/sunflash.20051117.1.xml
[3] http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support_oceania
[4] http://www.postgresql.org/support/newprof