Re: The support pages on postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: The support pages on postgresql.org
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 10:04 -0800, Ron Mayer wrote:
> A couple questions about the North America support page
> on postgresql.org.
>
> * Is there any reason why Sun is not on the North America support
>   page [1].  It seems from the Nov 2005 press release [2] that
>   they do provide support.  Did they stop doing this?  If they
>   still do, can we ask someone from Sun to get themselves added
>   to this page.

Hmm... probably because they didn't ask :).

> * Fujitsu is listed in the Oceania page [3] and Asia page [5].
>   Considering their large international presence -- they alone
>   almost certainly have a bigger IT support staff in North
>   America than all the organizations listed on the North
>   America page[1] -- would it be reasonable to list them
>   on all the continent's support pages?

I actually don't think Fujitsu (I could be wrong) supports PostgreSQL in
the US.

> * Does Red Hat or any of the other big Linux distributors
>   provide postgresql support in North America?    Could
>   they be added to the North America support page[1]?

Red Hat will support it as part of their distribution. So we would have
to have a big caveat there.

> I ask mainly because if your average CxO reads the
> current North America support page he probably won't
> recognize anyone there.

Yet it doesn't stop them from calling them.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/