Re: PostgreSQL rebranding

From: Lukas Kahwe Smith
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL rebranding
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
 Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Robert Treat, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  ("Lamar Owen", )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  ("Lamar Owen", )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Ned Lilly, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Andrew Sullivan, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Josh Berkus, )
    Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
 Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (elein, )
 Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Ron Mayer, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Robert Treat, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Alvaro Herrera, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (David Fetter, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (elein, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Ron Mayer, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Robert Bernier, )
    Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (mdean, )
     Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
     Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Robert Bernier, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Neil Conway, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Ron Mayer, )
    Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Andreas Pflug, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
    Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
     Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Bruce Momjian, )
      Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
       Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Josh Berkus, )
        Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Bruce Momjian, )
       Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Bruce Momjian, )
        Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
         Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Bruce Momjian, )
 Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  ("Liam O'Duibhir", )

Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Should we have this information on our web site somewhere?
>
> I just added an initial version of a list on the new wiki. There is
> still plenty missing as I just wanted to get something up there quickly:
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/index.php/pgwiki:Variations

Ok finally had time to work on this some more .. this time on my own wiki:
http://oss.backendmedia.com/RDBMS/PgSQLVariants

I am not sure on some of the information (especially licenses). Also I
am not sure what other relevant information should be on there. Maybe a
separate column for the company name or a column with information on the
availability (from when til when the db was available). Maybe there are
some variants missing?

Please just add a comment on the wiki or reply here and I will add it to
the table. If someone points me that the necessary steps to get this
list added to the official site I would also be willing to write the
necessary patch.

regards,
Lukas