Re: Oracle and Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Asko Oja
Subject Re: Oracle and Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 2:09 AM, Michael Nolan <htfoot@gmail.com> wrote:
Oracle handles connecting to multiple databases (even on multiple/remote computers) fairly seamlessly, PG does not (yet.)
Stuff we do with plProxy on PostgreSQL is in some respects more advanced than anything Oracle has to offer :) We have hundreds of databases in quite complex network of remote calls and replication.

regards
Asko

Oracle's toolsets (for things like forms and reports) are much further developed than PG's too, though there are 3rd party tools that work with both.

Back in the old mainframe days, people used to say, "Nobody ever got fired for selecting IBM."  It appears that mindset is still true.
--
Mike Nolan