Re: Small problem with special characters - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Small problem with special characters
Date
Re: Small problem with special characters  (Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka wrote on 20.08.2006 18:42:

>> Well the 0xc3b6 does obviously _not_ exist in the Windows codepage (as
>> it is a 2byte character). But this is a "regular" umlaut (ö) that
>> (from a "visual" point of view) does exist in the codepage.
>
> Where do you see it here?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/sbcs/1251.mspx
>
> I can't find it, but if you do it will show the unicode equivalent that
> you need to use to insert it.

*Blush*, I stand corrected.

I thought the 1251 was the "standard" code page. But it seems that the
"standard" at least in western europe is the 1250.

Sorry for the confusion, win1250 does work as expected.

Cheers
Thomas, now wondering how why a database with win1251 ever got created on my
machine :)