Re: Unable to Start PostgreSQL 8.1.4 on Windows XP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Unable to Start PostgreSQL 8.1.4 on Windows XP
Date
List pgsql-general
Ludwig Isaac Lim wrote on 15.08.2006 18:05:
> Searching the web using google gives me the following
> information about error 1063:
> Error code 1063: ERROR_FAILED_SERVICE_CONTROLLER_CONNECT -
> The service process could not connect to the service
> controller. (from
> http://user.tninet.se/~tdf275m/wincode2.htm)

I had a similar issue several weeks ago. In my case the UMTS connection software
killed my Postgres installation. Did you change anything with your network
installation?

In my case either de-installing the UMTS software or applying a tool called
LSPFix would fix the problem: http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

Hope this helps
Thomas