Re: Unable to Start PostgreSQL 8.1.4 on Windows XP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ludwig Isaac Lim
Subject Re: Unable to Start PostgreSQL 8.1.4 on Windows XP
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Thomas :

--- Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:

> Ludwig Isaac Lim wrote on 15.08.2006 18:05:
> > Searching the web using google gives me the following
> > information about error 1063:
> > Error code 1063:
> ERROR_FAILED_SERVICE_CONTROLLER_CONNECT -

> I had a similar issue several weeks ago. In my case the
> UMTS connection software
> killed my Postgres installation. Did you change anything
> with your network
> installation?
>
> In my case either de-installing the UMTS software or
> applying a tool called
> LSPFix would fix the problem:
> http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
>
> Hope this helps
> Thomas

   Thanks for the quick reply. Actually, after running the
newly installed anti-spyware program a week ago I was
unable to access my internet. I'm not sure if the
anti-spyware program caused it though. During that period,
my computer was infected with spware,adware,virus. It was
only until after running lspfix that I was able to access
the internet.

    After reading your email, I tried running lspfix again
but it seems that this time, lspfix didn't detect any
problem in my network protocol drivers.

    Thanks for the idea though, it was a good one. From
what you had said, I have a hunch that the problem lies
with the network protocol driver.

ludwig lim