Re: Slow self-join on a 100 million record table - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew J. Kelly
Subject Re: Slow self-join on a 100 million record table
Date
List pgsql-sql
Mark,

I doubt very much you will ever get much faster results (without increasing
hardware) in a situation such as that.  Your queries don't look selective
enough to effectively use the indexes.  What is the query plan for each of
the individual selects and what does it look like as a whole?   How many
rows does each individual select return and how many for the final
statement?

--
Andrew J. Kelly
SQL Server MVP