Re: postgresql Secure Mode - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mario Soto Cordones - Venezuela
Subject Re: postgresql Secure Mode
Date
List pgsql-general
2005/8/8, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>:
> On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 10:24:54AM -0400, Mario Soto Cordones - Venezuela wrote:
>
> > 3.- configure pg_hba.conf
> >
> > hostssl all all  192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 MD5
>
> I assume the connection is coming from within this network; is that
> right?  (What's the IP address of the client machine?)

Yes,

example ip machine 192.168.0.100

> > 4.- service postgresql stop
> > 5.- service postgresql start
> >
> > but when I try to connect myself for example from an application EMS
> > postgresql manager by means of SSL,  says that it cannot authenticate
> > in user
>
> Ok, so do you have the user created in Postgres by means of CREATE USER
> or createuser?  Try changing the password.  Also, please show us the
> relevant extract of the server log file.

yes expample the user is vasa

the log say

LOG: no se pudo cargar el archivo del certificado raiz
/var/lib/pgsql/data/bd/root.crt
DETALLE: Los certificados de clientes no se verificaran

but I don't understand because it leaves that message

Thank you very much

--
cordialmente,

Ing. Mario Soto Cordones