Re: postgresql Secure Mode - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: postgresql Secure Mode
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 11:06:22AM -0400, Mario Soto Cordones - Venezuela wrote:
> 2005/8/8, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>:
> > On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 10:24:54AM -0400, Mario Soto Cordones - Venezuela wrote:

> > > but when I try to connect myself for example from an application EMS
> > > postgresql manager by means of SSL,  says that it cannot authenticate
> > > in user
> >
> > Ok, so do you have the user created in Postgres by means of CREATE USER
> > or createuser?  Try changing the password.  Also, please show us the
> > relevant extract of the server log file.
>
> yes expample the user is vasa
>
> the log say
>
> LOG: no se pudo cargar el archivo del certificado raiz
> /var/lib/pgsql/data/bd/root.crt
> DETALLE: Los certificados de clientes no se verificaran

This isn't the problem.  Here it's only telling you that were the client
to hand a certificate, they wouldn't be checked.  There must be other
message.

> but I don't understand because it leaves that message

It's because you don't have the root.crt file, or the file doesn't have
the proper permissions.

I don't understand why didn't you post this problem to pgsql-es-ayuda
first ...

Y dijo Dios: "Que sea Satanás, para que la gente no me culpe de todo a mí."
"Y que hayan abogados, para que la gente no culpe de todo a Satanás"