Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Regina Obe
Subject Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
Date
Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
List pgsql-general
Josh informed me you guys are thinking about a CoC.  Let me start off by
saying that I don't think you need one and in fact having one may be
dangerous.  I fear for your safety.

I think Roxanne mentioned some good points in an earlier thread that you
should itemize what you expect to achieve with a Coc.

Quoted from her note:
"You implied in your first post that you would attract more contributors
with a CoC."

Let me say -- I do not think you will attract more contributors.  You may
in fact attract parasites.

The FreeBSD thread that is often mentioned as reason why you need a Coc is
this from Randi Harper.
http://blog.randi.io/2015/12/31/the-developer-formerly-known-as-freebsdgirl/

Randi has just blocked me on twitter after I complimented her on her nice
shallow evidence - http://imgur.com/a/UVKfZ   Perhaps questioning her
harassment claims identifies me as a troll.

I have spoken to one of her victims Roberto Rosario.  A great loving man
from what I can tell, and she has truly tried to destroy his credibility
and harassed him beyond end.  I feel so horrible that a woman claiming to
watch out for minorities and women in tech is disingenuous and will
probably laugh pushing me down, because I'm not poor and have educated
parents.

So please whatever you do, if you really feel you need a Coc, do not
choose this one or anything that looks like it:

http://contributor-covenant.org/

I'm seeing social bullies going at every project demanding they adopt this
garbage.

Who knows what their intention is, I can only imagine.

Thanks Regina,
PostGIS PSC member