Re: WIP: document the hook system - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: WIP: document the hook system
Date
Re: WIP: document the hook system  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2020-12-31 04:28, David Fetter wrote:
> This could probably use a lot of filling in, but having it in the
> actual documentation beats needing to know folklore even to know
> that the capability is there.

This patch seems quite short of a state where one could begin to
evaluate it.  Documenting the hooks better seems a worthwhile goal.   I
think the question is whether we can develop documentation that is
genuinely useful by itself without studying the relevant source code.
This submission does not address that question.