Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Joe,

On Mon, 2024-08-05 at 08:38 -0400, Joe Conway wrote:
> I know I am way late to this thread, and I have only tried a cursory
> skim of it given the length, but have we made any kind of announcement
> (packagers at least?) that we intend to not support Postgres 18 with
> ssl  on RHEL 7.9 and derivatives?

I dropped RHEL 7 support as of PostgreSQL 16:
https://yum.postgresql.org/news/rhel7-postgresql-rpms-end-of-life/

and also recently stopped providing updates except PostgreSQL packages:

https://yum.postgresql.org/news/rhel7-end-of-life/

Min OS version is RHEL 8 / SLES 15.

-HTH

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor

Attachment