Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~?
Date
Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~?
List pgsql-hackers
On 7/15/24 17:42, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 14 Jul 2024, at 14:03, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org>
>> wrote:

>>> Ah, nice catch. Done in the attached rebase.
>>
>> This patch version looks good to me.
>
> Thanks for review, I will go ahead with this once back from vacation
> at the tail end of July when I can properly handle the BF.
>
>> Small comments on the commit message of 0002: Typo "checkig".
>> Also, maybe the commit message title can be qualified a little,
>> since we're not really doing "Remove pg_strong_random
>> initialization." but something like "Remove unnecessary ..."?
>
> Good points, will address before pushing.

I know I am way late to this thread, and I have only tried a cursory
skim of it given the length, but have we made any kind of announcement
(packagers at least?) that we intend to not support Postgres 18 with ssl
on RHEL 7.9 and derivatives? Yes, RHEL 7 just passed EOL, but there is
commercial extended support available until July 2028[1] which means
many people will continue to use it.

Joe

[1]
https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/announcing-4-years-extended-life-cycle-support-els-red-hat-enterprise-linux-7