Re: Sourceforge moving from PostgreSQL to Oracle - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jd@commandprompt.com (Joshua Drake)
Subject Re: Sourceforge moving from PostgreSQL to Oracle
Date
List pgsql-general
pgman@candle.pha.pa.us (Bruce Momjian) wrote in message news:<200111041547.fA4Fl6221129@candle.pha.pa.us>...
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Has anyone else noticed that Sourceforge.net is moving from PostgreSQL
> > to Oracle?
> >
> > Just noticed in their jobs page they're looking for a DBA to assist them
> > in the transition from PostgreSQL to Oracle.

I seriously doubt that they are moving to Oracle. If nothing else,
they won't want to pay for it. However, they probably are trying to
make sourceforge Oracle compatible. That is just smart business.

Joshua Drake
Co-Author: Practical PostgreSQL
http://stage.linuxports.com/projects/postgres
http://www.postgresql.info