Re: Modifying and solidifying contrib - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nikolay Samokhvalov
Subject Re: Modifying and solidifying contrib
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/7/07, Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov@gmail.com> wrote:
> I still think that separate namespaces for extensions is a good idea
> while adjusting search_path is not. I've explained my POV in details
> several messages ago in this thread...
>
> Separation of extensions with fully specified names
> "schemaname.functionname(...)" is good improvement (for simplification
> and clarity) and  while adjusting search_path should be DBA/DBD's
> decision.

Oh, I've just recalled the problem that could arise in this scenario...
We cannot use schema name as prefix for operator calling
("tsearch2.ts_debug(...)" works, while "... tsearch2.@@ ..." doesn't).
This is one specific issue, maybe it's worth to resolve it? Or it's
impossible for some reasons...

--
Best regards,
Nikolay