Re: Autonomous transaction, background worker - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thiemo Kellner
Subject Re: Autonomous transaction, background worker
Date
List pgsql-general
> I've experimented with background workers a bit. Yes, normally you'd
> write some C, but you could also install this (mentioned in the blog
> post and the source of pg_background_launch):

Thanks for your answer. I want my logger to be used with the facilities
there are from PostgreSQL so I'll go the dblink way. The docs write that
fdw provides a more modern architecture for more ore less the same.
However, I do not think the execution of arbiträry stuff is possible by fdw.

Kind regards Thiemo

--
SIP/iptel.org: thiemo.kellner
Öffentlicher PGP-Schlüssel: