Re: [GENERAL] Configure Qt Creator to work with PostgreSQL toextensions development - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Configure Qt Creator to work with PostgreSQL toextensions development
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/25/2017 01:34 PM, Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
> På søndag 25. juni 2017 kl. 17:04:02, skrev Adrian Klaver
> <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>>:
>
>     On 06/25/2017 07:34 AM, Fabiana Zioti wrote:
>      > I'm creating an extension to PostgreSQL, with user-defined types and
>      > user-defined functions.
>      >
>      > Extensions can be written in C as well as C ++, correct?
>
>     Given that you are asking about Qt Creator do you mean written in C++ as
>     well as C?
>
>     An extension is just packaging of objects:
>
>     https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/extend-extensions.html
>
>     I am not sure C/C++ really is a factor.
>     Maybe if you offer more detail on what you are trying to achieve.
>
>      > I am currently using ATOM to develop in Ubuntu. But I would like
>     to work
>      > with Qt.
>
>     Not seeing how Qt will work in a Postgres extension?
>
> I think what he's asking is how to use Qt Creator as a development
> environment for developing PG-extentions, not linking Qt in from an
> extention.

Even if that is the case, Qt Creator is optimized for building GUI's
based on Qt, I suspect the OP will be fighting it to build Postgres
extensions. Seems to me sticking with Atom would be the wiser choice. At
any rate the above awaits more information for confirmation.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com