Re: Data comparison SQL in PG 8.2.9 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Phoenix Kiula
Subject Re: Data comparison SQL in PG 8.2.9
Date
List pgsql-general
> When queries used to be fast and now are slow very often depends upon the
> indexes. Less frequently upon the amount of memory available for cache and
> the server configuration.
> Do you used ti have any index on that column?
> Do you have server configuration files for comparison?

The config file is exactly the samea s the old PG version (8.2.3 --> 8.2.9).

All other queries work super fast. Perhaps faster in 8.2.9. Only the
date fields seem slower.

Yes, as I mentioned in my post the field is indexed (btree with fill factor of

Thomas, my slow queries are from a date that was yesterday, as I
mentioned. A ">" condition even for just yesterday takes about 10-15
seconds, where it used to take less than a second before.