Re: Data comparison SQL in PG 8.2.9 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Reg Me Please
Subject Re: Data comparison SQL in PG 8.2.9
Date
List pgsql-general
On Monday 12 January 2009 10:18:59 Phoenix Kiula wrote:
> > When queries used to be fast and now are slow very often depends upon the
> > indexes. Less frequently upon the amount of memory available for cache
> > and the server configuration.
> > Do you used ti have any index on that column?
> > Do you have server configuration files for comparison?
>
> The config file is exactly the samea s the old PG version (8.2.3 -->
> 8.2.9).
>
> All other queries work super fast. Perhaps faster in 8.2.9. Only the
> date fields seem slower.
>
> Yes, as I mentioned in my post the field is indexed (btree with fill factor
> of
>
> Thomas, my slow queries are from a date that was yesterday, as I
> mentioned. A ">" condition even for just yesterday takes about 10-15
> seconds, where it used to take less than a second before.

I possible run the EXPLAIN ANALYZE on both DBs and either compare or post the
results.
If you find sequential scans with tests using that column, then something is
definitely needing investigation.

In a quick test I did dates and timestamps work great with indexes.

--
Fahrbahn ist ein graues Band
weisse Streifen, grüner Rand