Re: Fun fact about autovacuum and orphan temp tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Fun fact about autovacuum and orphan temp tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/21/16 8:47 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It seems to me that you'd even want to make the drop of orphaned
>> > tables mandatory once it is detected even it is not a wraparound
>> > autovacuum.
> If we are willing to do that then we don't really have to solve the
> problem on the backend side.  One could expect that autovacuum would
> clean things up within a few minutes after a backend failure.

Unless all the autovac workers are busy working on huge tables... maybe
a delay of several hours/days is OK in this case, but it's not wise to
assume autovac will always get to something within minutes.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461