Re: No docs for interaction of ON DELETE/UPDATE and permissions - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: No docs for interaction of ON DELETE/UPDATE and permissions
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Tue, 2020-02-25 at 10:30 -0800, David Glasser wrote:
> > I am not sure if CREATE TABLE is the perfect place; another place that
> > would offer ifself is
> > https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/ddl-constraints.html#DDL-CONSTRAINTS-FK ,
> > where foreign key constraints are explained.
>
> I had found that too, but it doesn't look like that page talks about
> permissions at all. It seems like the CREATE TABLE docs are the
> "reference" for referential actions (pun not intended). Should I add
> it to both places perhaps?

No, it should be in the documentation only once.

> Should docs patches be sent to this list or to pgsql-hackers?
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch is not clear.

It does not matter much, but if you want to add it to the commitfest,
that might only integrate well with the -hackers list
(though I am not sure about that).

Yours,
Laurenz Albe