Re: How do I tell pgAdmin 4 to not harass me with pointless extra clicks every single time I want to use it? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Bo Guo
Subject Re: How do I tell pgAdmin 4 to not harass me with pointless extra clicks every single time I want to use it?
Date
List pgadmin-support
tutiluren,

I do not disagree with some of you suggestions; however, please present
your ideas professionally and with respect!

I for one am very grateful to be able to use pgadmin for free, and
thankful to those who are behind this wonderful and free product we come
to rely on.

Bo

On 9/20/20 7:32 AM, tutiluren@tutanota.com wrote:
> This is absolutely unreal. I never wanted to have to waste my time
> asking about pgAdmin 4 ever again, but here we are...
>
> Every single time I open it, even with a dedicated browser profile
> which never gets its data cleared, and even with the special
> configuration options (requiring one to hack a file) to not ask for a
> stupid "master password", it **still** forces me to first double-click
> the "Servers", then double-click the actual "server" to get back to
> work. So that's four pointless extra clicks every time I want to use
> pgAdmin 4.
>
> How do I make it connect immediately? Why would anyone ever **not**
> want it to at the very least show the list of servers? Why have all
> this extra, pointless work?
>
> Needless to say, there's nothing in the "preferences" to set this.
> It's seriously mind-boggling. The only reason I've never mentioned
> this before has been that there's even worse issues that overshadowed
> this.
>
> Sometimes, randomly, it *does* connect immediately to the server once
> you've double-clicked the "Servers" thing. The fact that this is not
> consistent, but (apparently) random, just further confuses me and
> makes me (again) wonder if this program was designed purposely as a
> psychological experiment.

Bo