Re: Another problem with indices? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Zlatko Calusic
Subject Re: Another problem with indices?
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Zlatko Calusic <zlatko@iskon.hr> writes:
> > but if I add one '/' before wildcard '%' (as I initially would like to
> > do it):
>
> > filedb=# select file from filenew where file like '/home/zcalusic/rcs/%';
> >  file
> > ------
> > (0 rows)
>
> > No rows???
>
> Which Postgres version are you running, and in what LOCALE setting
> on what platform?

Postgres version is 7.0.2. (running on Debian GNU/Linux)
I'm using hr_HR locale (Croatian locale), LATIN2 encoding.

> Is there an index on filenew(file)?  If so, does dropping it change
> the results?

I have an index on the column in the question, and yes, droping the
index instantly recovers from the bad behavior i.e. queries return
good results.
--
Zlatko