TSearch2 Questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hannes Dorbath
Subject TSearch2 Questions
Date
List pgsql-general
A few stupid questions:

Where to get the latest version?

Is http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2/ a dead site
and the latest versions are always "silently" distributed with PG inside
the contrib dir?

How can I find out what version of TSearch2 I'm running?

Is there active development?

Are the patches provided on the site above for backup still needed, or
are they already included in the versions that ship with 8.0.x? If not,
why not? =)

Or the better question, are any of those patches listed under
"Development" included in the version that ships with recent PG versions?

I'm playing a bit with it ATM. Indexing one Gigabyte of plain text
worked well, with 10 GB I yet have some performance problems. I read the
TSearch Tuning Guide and will start optimizing some things, but is it a
realistic goal to index ~90GB plain text and get sub-second response
times on hardware that ~4000 EUR can buy?

Thanks in advance

--
Regards,
Hannes Dorbath